The Bavarian Music Academy is situated in a former castle in Marktoberdorf in the South of Bavaria (Bayern), a 100 kilometers from Munich.
The following working rooms are available:
- Rehearsal and concert hall (130 m2 stage, 350 seat auditorium) 2 grand pianos, organ, sound studio
- Foyer (185 m2) with piano
- Hall (180 m2) with grand piano and sound studio
- 8 seminar rooms (16-95 m2) with grand or upright pianos
- 8 practise rooms(4-12 m2) with upright pianos
- sound archive (approx. 6000 LPs cassettes and CDs)
- Library (books, music, choirbooks)
The Academy has 40 bedrooms, all with en-suite shower and wc:
32 double rooms, 15 of which can be used as 3-bed rooms
5 single rooms with telephone
3 staff apartments(2 rooms) with telephone
In addition to dining rooms for 100 people, there are:
a beer cellar, beer garden, bowling alley, table tennis, a sauna and a fitness room.
The cost for accomodation and meals is 33 € per person and day.
In order to carry out its work, the academy is equipped with a large number and variety of instruments. In the main, these are instruments which the course participants would not normally bring with them. In additon to keyboard and percussion instruments, there are Renaissance and Baroque instruments, brass, plucked and folk music instruments and synthesizers. A well-equipped studio is available for sound and visual recordings.